Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins

I was in kind of a reading slump for a while, starting lots of books but not finishing any. If I am not interested in the first few pages I have a tendency to skip ahead, sometimes read the ending, or sometimes not finish at all. I have no problem not finishing a book. Since I was in a reading slump, some friends suggested reading "The Hunger Games," by Suzanne Collins. I could not put it down...the book grabbed me from the beginning and I raced through it, finishing it in one day. It's kind of futuristic but not too Sci-Fi. It's the first in a series of three. Two thumbs up. Let me know if you read it and if you love it.

7 comments:

Miss Stace said...

Sweet. That will be on my list for sure!!

Mrs. Bennett said...

I LOVED THEM.

Beth said...

I've read and LOVE it. I have bought 5 copies for my classroom library and my students fight over it to see who gets to read it next. Are you going to read Catching Fire?
Beth

http://thinkingofthink.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

It's very rare for me to finish a book in one sitting. But I read it last Sunday....couldn't put it down. Loved it!

xssa annella said...

i loved it. you got to try catching fire, the sequel. it's just as awesome if not better.

Unknown said...

I LOVED UR POST
Work From Home India

Mrs. Bennett said...

I even read the first one to jasper. It is too violent so that is why I read it to edit some of it. He loved it.