Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale

What a fun read...actually a fun listen, since I listened to this audiobook on my Zune. Lately I have been downloading audiobooks from Overdrive.com, a free service from most libraries that has free audiobooks to download. Anywhoo....

"The Goose Girl" is Young Adult fiction based on a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm (but even as a 30-something mother of three I immensely enjoyed it). Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee is to be the next queen of Kildenree, but when the king dies, the queen announces that her brother will be the next king. She sends Ani off to the next kingdom to wed the crown prince of Bayern. As she starts out on her month long journey to Bayern, betrayal, mistaken identity and danger ensue.

This book has just the right mix of suspense, action and romance. Turns out it is the first in a trilogy so now I have to read the other two!

0 comments: