Wednesday, June 24, 2009

These Is My Words


This book is one of those "I can't put it down" books. My friend Karen Burbank recommended it and lent it to me. I read it on an airplane ride home from a trip and didn't even notice how long the plane ride was, it was that good. Then I read it when I got home and stayed up until 2 am reading it, full well knowing that I had to get up at 6:30 in the morning. Basically, it is the story of Sarah Prine, as told to us through the words of her diary. She lives on the Arizona frontier, wants desperately to learn and to be educated, and loves her family. Oh yeah, and it's a romance. The author, Nancy Turner, bases the story loosely on one of her own relatives. It's a great story, but it's also beautifully written. You should read it!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

It has been on my "to read list" for a long time. I WILL read it as soon as I finish my Stephen King book, the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, and First They Took My Father. I only have a few weeks left 'til school starts up again. I better hurry.