Saturday, June 14, 2008



THE KITE RUNNER




OK....So now right up there with the rest of my favorite books is "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. I really loved this book. When I take stock of all my favorite books, the highest percentage of them involve characters from the Mid-East. It's about a young boy growing up in Kabul, Afghanistan right before the fall of the monarchy when the Russians take over. After living in America he returns to Afghanistan during the Taliban take over. He has some major regrets in his life and is always seeking redemption. My favorite quote from the book is


"...I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded, not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night."


Isn't that great....I love it!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That book made me sad, because of "the part" and I just couldn't get past it. I do want to try and read it again, maybe in a few years...
I just don't have time for sad books right now!! I did love the parts I read. I am with you, for some reason I am drawn to books about the Middle East. And about China.

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Like I said, I loved this movie so the book HAS to be ten times better. I will have to read it.

Miss Stace said...

I loved the book. I couldn't put it down. It was full of so many emotions!

junglemama said...

Sounds like a good book. Didn't a movie just come out?