Friday, August 1, 2008

Gables of Legacy


FINALLY I am posting! I am in the middle of reading the wonderful series Gables of Legacy by LDS author, Anita Stansfield. There are six books in this set. I am currently on book four. I love how Anita Stansfield writes several books dealing with the same characters from previous books. While I was on bedrest, a good friend of mine loaned me this set. FOr whatever reason, I never got around to reading them until now. As I was reading the back of the book, I realized I knew these characters from another series I had read by her. In fact, this other set of books I read years ago were probably my favorite books I had ever read. I didnt know until then that the story of this particular family went on in other books of hers. If so I would have read these a long time ago. I have a hard time finishing up a good book because it almost feels like you are saying goodbye to a friend. That is why I have loved to read Anitas books. I really like this series so far and it is very easy reading. If you are an Anita Stansfield fan then you HAVE to make sure and read this set.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Of course our library doesn't have any Anita Stanfield books (heathens!) so I will have to make a trip to Deseret Book! Thanks for the great recommendation and I am glad you posted!

Nancy said...

I read some books some time ago about a gal and her Australian love-interest. Is this the same family? That series was good.

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Yes. You might have read the First Love and Forever set. If so, this is there story years down the road.

Anonymous said...

o my heavens i am obsessed with her books and i have loved this series! i just finished book 4 like 10 minutes ago and i wasn't sure if there were other books so i came online to find out and i am sooo excited that there are 2 more books! HORRAY!!! i am working on reading all of her books. she is my favorite! so i encourage EVERYONE i know to read them! :) its so true when i am reading one of her books and its going to end its kind of sad because you get so attached to the character and their lives. love it.