Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl


I read this book while I was in Utah and totally forgot to give you all my two cents.

It is a super captivating book. I could not stop reading and it took me about a week to get through because it's about 500 pages. It gave so much insight into what it must have been like in the 1500s and into the arrogance of Henry the VIII.

The book is from Mary Boleyn's point of view who was a mistress to Henry before he married Anne. Mary is portrayed as a sweetheart which I believe she was, but she had to have some kind of sass and fire to her if she was at all related to Anne.

Getting the story about Anne's rise and fall from the closest person possible is amazing. He's the best way to understand her motives, good and bad, but also so unbelievable that she would do some of the things she did.

I highly recommend this book but it is a little graphic so just be awares. Also, the movie was a big let-down for me, even though I knew it would be. However, Natalie Portman does a great job.

1 comments:

Shiloh McKinnon said...

My friend read those books and Loved them!